How can member projects use funds?

There are some funds given to the OpenAstronomy umbrella organization as part of its participation on Google Summer of Code. As explained in Move GSOC money to SunPy · Issue #84 · astropy/astropy-project · GitHub (soon), these funds have already been transferred to OA.

My question is: how can member projects make use of these funds? For example, in poliastro we set up an OpenCollective account to track our expenses:

Please let me know if this is not the appropriate place to discuss these things.

1 Like

In previous years we have transferred the money from your projects to poliastro correct?

I don’t see why we couldn’t do the same for the 2021 money, but I haven’t really had a chance to look at it.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think this transfer has never happened :slight_smile:

In any case, here are the ways to transfer the funds to poliastro:

No, it hasn’t yet. I’ll sort that out in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

Friendly ping @dpshelio :slight_smile:

Thanks! :wink: - I made some progress, but I’ve not finalised it yet. I’ll do it soon.

Hope it’s OK that I keep bothering folks in this thread roughly every 2 months? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Certainly it’s OK. I have done some progress and I believe NumFOCUS has almost sorted it out. Let’s hope we can have a solution before the solstice!!

1 Like

And… :drum::drum::drum::drum:
It’s here already! Requests can be done via the NumFOCUS rocket page. That should then send the admins a message for approval, and, once approved, the payment will be processed.

@astrojuanlu - I’ll send you privately the amount you need to claim for (unfortunately, we can’t pay extra tax for late payment :flushed:)

1 Like

A million thanks @dpshelio !

The form seems to be geared towards asking for specific refunds. Given that this might be a special case, I used it anyway, introducing the Open Collective bank details, and will continue the discussion with NumFOCUS.

The funds have arrived :heart_eyes_cat: Case closed! A million thanks @dpshelio

1 Like

:trumpet::trumpet::trumpet::trumpet: Finally. Now I just need to sort it out with the others! :grin: