2023 CoCo Election: Erik Tollerud

Thanks for that added bit, @hamogu - yes, I should have mentioned this previously, as Pey Lian did in last year’s election. This was an oversight on my part to not disclose that and I apologize. As an explanation, as Pey Lian pointed out one key element of APE 0 - it says "Unless it would be short of candidates otherwise, it should not have more than one member from any particular employer.” and at least as of right now that is indeed the case. That said, I also pledge that I will do my best to do what I have tried to do in the past by saying as clearly as possible that I do not speak for STScI when working on the CoCo.

Moreover, I would also like to clarify that if the prospect of continuing with both of us on the CoCo makes enough of the community uncomfortable, APE0 allows for the community to indicate this by not simply not voting for one of the candidates. So even if there are only two candidates for two seats, if the majority of voters vote for only one of the nominees, the other does not get the seat. I wouldn’t personally argue for this, as I believe that Pey Lian and I are both invested in Astropy independently enough that it is worth having us both on the CoCo. But if the voting members disagree, I will certainly abide by their wishes!